Rice is the staple food for Filipinos and many Asian countries. It has always been a partner for various viand that we usually savor from breakfast, lunch and even dinner.
However, rice is also unhealthy as it is packed with starch that may lead to serious conditions like diabetes.
But no matter how unhealthy rice could cause our health, we should accept that we can’t easily remove it from our system.
Don’t worry, because there is a way to remove major portion of its calories by following these simple steps in cooking it.
1. Pour water into the cooking container and leave it to boil.
2. Take a small quantity of coconut oil that is estimated to be 3% of the rice that you will be cooking.
3. Combine the coconut oil with the boiling water.
4. Add the rice in the cooking container.
5. Cook the rice completely.
6. After cooking, put the rice in the fridge and cool it for at least twelve hours.
Source: Read and Digest
Image: Fine Cooking