Sinus congestion is hard to deal with one time or another. It is very annoying and uncomfortable and it will definitely give you a painful feeling for the whole day and can interfere with your sleep and in your lives in many different ways. Most common causes for this is cold, sinus infection, allergies, flu.
- First thing is to sit down and lean your head and body to a 45-degeree angle, then bend your head sideways and press the sternocleidomastoid muscle in a downward direction at least ten times.
- If you are not sure where that muscle is, it is position directly underneath both ears and runs down the neck along the collar bone.
- Use your index finger to find the hard skeletal part of the nose, it will run about midway down the length of the nose itself, then use a circular motion to press this area for about one minute.
- After doing this massage method the muscle down the side of the nose towards your cheekbones then use your index finger to position the upper orbital bone, with this you will be found in the area above each eye, then sense for a slight indentation in the center of your eyeball.
- Massage these two spots with a pressure that is firm but comfy for one whole minute. Now with both hands press firmly in the center of your forehead.
- Massage outwards towards your temples.