Sleep or keeping your body on track has a huge significant playing role for the human body since it is generally a necessity for our system to grow and recover.
We have an average of 30 years of sleeping in our lifetime which ranges to about 8-10 hours every night including our nap in the day. Nevertheless, sleeping in the wrong position can give you discomfort and you will not be able to get the improvements to your overall health conditions.
Proper sleeping positions can give you different beneficial effects in your body such as prevention from sudden high blood pressure, sinus infection and heart attack while sleeping. Hence, if you want an improvement, then you should be aware of the things you should and shouldn’t do while sleeping and make sure to not focus only on how much sleep you’re taking up.
These are different forms of sleeping position with their detailed connection with the following symptoms and conditions:
1. SHOULDER PAIN is related to sleeping to the left side of your body and slightly bending your legs as it removes the pain when waking up in the morning. You can also grab a pillow and place it in between your legs.
2. BACK PAIN is connected to sleeping position in a way where you should lay on your back and place a pillow under your knees and add some rolled up towel or any tender kinds of stuff in the curve of your nape.
3. HEADACHES is best to pull apart in a position where you surround your head with pillows for you to avoid sudden unconscious twisting and turning of your head.
4. SINUS ATTACK is linked with a position where you elevate your head to prevent mucus; it gives you prevention from sinus infection while you are sleeping. This position can result to beneficial or detrimental.
5. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE gives you a lot of pain and pressure or dizziness, but you would likely lessen this if you are going to place yourself in a position on all fours or face lying on the bed, they found out that this position can lower blood pressure.
Before you explore any treatments, make sure you consult your doctor about the general condition of your blood pressure.
6. NECK PAIN or STIFF NECK is due to an incorrect position of your neck. To avoid this painful feeling when you wake up, you should place a rolled towel and place it under your neck to support the foundation of your head.
7. DIGESTION IMBALANCEMENT is recommended to sleep on the left side for better digestion. This is important because the stomach is positioned on the left side in the human body. Therefore, everytime you on the left side, enables gravity to improve the digestive process.
8. HEARTBURN can be a disturbing health condition. You can better treat heartburn with sleeping on your left side.
Overall, this sleeping position can improve your health, and while executing this kind of position, you should accompany it by consulting your doctor if ever you have any doubts about your health.
Source NTD | Bustle
Image Source Little Things